What to do if you might live next Tuesday: another list
After my last post, I also got to thinking there are lots of things I can be looking forward to when I wake up from surgery. So, here's my list for that!
- Being alive.
- After-drugs. What colourful pharmaceutical adventures await me???
- Binge watching Netflix guilt-free.
- Sleeping in. On a Thursday. Maybe on TWO Thursdays.
- Ooh and naps! Afternoon naps!
- I will be several ounces lighter than when I went in for surgery. Possibly pounds if they have to remove more than they expect.
- Wearing pajamas, yoga pants and other not-safe-for-work bottoms EVERY DAY!
- I will get to keep working with my AMAZING clients who are doing and being AMAZING. Have I mentioned how AMAZING they are?!
- I will eventually be back at work with my AWESOME team to do AWESOME stuff. Mwhahahahaaa!
- Experiencing the beauty of spring in the country, and then summer (flax fields!), and then fall...
- I'll get to keep cheering on my American sisters and brothers as they rise and unite in love and decency to overcome the hatefulness, bigotry, misogyny and fear that is being stoked by the decoy-Trump and REAL-scary-man-Pence in their nation.
- More SNL sketches.
- I might treat myself to a new pair of rubber boots.
- Marc and I will get to celebrate our 10th wedding/15th dating anniversary.
- I'll get to see my sister-in-law signed to a label (come ON, Universe!)
- Goat-sharing with our neighbours.
- All of the coffee. All of the cheese. All of the wine.
- Maybe adopt another dog. Maybe.
- Start teaching/leading meditation classes.
- More travel.
- More star-gazing.
- And, I'll get to watch this kid become even more herself.
In love and light,